The role of the Foundation is to:
• Structure, plan, initiate, negotiate, resource, and source financing, and then guide, govern and monitor the implementation of the various programmes, projects and businesses.
• Enable broad community communication, involvement and participation, and define projects leading to the creation of:
• SOCIAL upliftment projects focusing on youth development through sport, art, leadership development and volunteering.
• ECONOMIC entities and ownership by community members – through pick-a-business and incubation concepts to train and support new business owners moving away from survival, to sustainability, growth and thriving
• ECOLOGICAL projects and green business opportunities.
• Strategic partnering with international, national, provincial and local government and government agencies, private investment entities, other related foundations and NGOs and individuals who have an interest in participating in any one or more of these programs.
• Work closely with research institutions involving master’s and doctoral students to focus on particular research projects contributing to the achievement of the overall development objectives of the community.
• Work closely with local farming community, local government, local business owners, social leaders and education institutions.
• Promote ‘Adopt-a-Project’ strategy to corporate social responsibility programs.
Current and future research focus on lessons learnt from other regions, towns, similar cases, value chains and research already undertaken.